Region 3: Capital Region
Serving Alpine, Colusa, El Dorado, Placer, Nevada, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba Counties
Welcome to CREEC Region 3!
Look to this page for local environmental education news, funding, and upcoming events.
Forestry Institute for Teachers
The Forestry Institute for Teachers (FIT) is a FREE*, multi-day residence workshop held at 4 northern California locations. The institute is open to all California teachers; 40 hours of Academic Credit available!
- Dates of Event
- June 10-16, Plumas County, June 17-23, Tuolumne County, July 1-7, Shasta County, July 8 - 14, Humboldt County
- Multiple locations to choose from throughout CA.
- For more information, visit the event website.
The Forestry Challenge for High School Students
The Forestry Challenge is an academic event for high school students in technical forestry and current forestry topics. Student participants spend four days in the forest learning about the ecology and management of the forested landscapes that provide communities with water, recreational opportunities, wood products, and wildlife habitat. Youth benefit by better understanding the relationship of the forested environment to their community, by exposure to natural resource management as a potential career option, and by undertaking a rigorous critical thinking exercise which is timely and addresses current forestry topics such as wildfire, insects, and forest health.
- Dates of Event and Location
- Shasta - September 26 to 29 - Mountain Meadows Camp east of Redding
- Santa Cruz - October 10 to 13 - Redwood Christian Park near Boulder Creek
- El Dorado - October 24 to 27 - Leoni Meadows Camp south of Placerville
- San Bernardino - November 7 to 10 - Green Valley Lake Christian Camp near Lake Arrowhead
- For more information, visit the Forestry Challenge website.